Sinister: acoustics, bands, molko, stuff

Ben Parker ben_hates_penguins at xxx.com
Fri Jun 11 01:20:06 BST 1999

So, um, I went to ac acoustics on tuesday night, and I wasn't overly
impressed to be honest - sorry to anyone that told me to go and see
them and stuff - seem to remember them sounding a bit more like the
jesus and mary chain and a little less stodgy. oh well. The singer from
placebo was there, though, i think, and i can't honestly imagine anyone
genuinely thinking that that was a girl. Snow patrol were alright; used
samples and stuff, which was quite good. Best bit of the night, though,
was on the Victoria line on the way home, when we sat across from some
busker bloke who played this sort of makeshift blues, complete with
real screaming and hollering. Told me he spends his days walking the
earth, trying to keep away from bad behavior. Creepily.

Oh, someone asked people to say if they are in bands or whatever -
well, um, yeah, I'm in this band called tempertwig, the mumbler and
guitarist, if anyones vauguely interested - we're only onto our second
gig, in islington a week on monday. Even have a website beginning,
although at the moment it is quite sparse - good ape picture though:

www.tempertwig.freeserve.co.uk

Oh well -

BeN