Sinister: the kids are *not* alright, In fact they deserve a good prompt lashing with an Arab strap.

Lesley J Miller rebelstrange at xxx.net
Fri Jun 11 06:22:29 BST 1999

hey guys and dolls
sorry my post yesterday was so damn long.  that's why i didn't post much for
a while.  Even *I* get sick of myself.  JEEEZus.
First off, i'm deeply troubled by this Offspring mystery, which i went and
checked out and i can confirm it is a tragedy. it sounds like maybe one of
their wussy friends made them listen to b&s, and they heard s/b/j and
thought the guitar riff would be a jammin' pseudo-punk anthem, so they
decided to lift it, but they changed it to just solid notes instead of the
plucking rhythm B/S uses.  cos who has everr heard of belle and sephiroth
anyway?? no one who would listen to a crap station that plays the offspring
and their ilk.  no one would ever notice.   i think a contingent of
sinisterites should see to it that the so-called offspring are questioned
mercilessly and that justice is done.  we can't have our innocent songs
being sodomized and mutilated in broad daylight, it's the nineties folks,
Free your mind!!!  Free Leonard Peltier!!  oh no wait.

Instead of doing a script for a karoake video of LLPJ, i would like to do a
comic of it.  If i get really bored and actually do that, i'll be sure and
let y'all know.  but honestly i don't know if it's possible to make it
G-rated.   when they say let's see your kit, does that mean "get naked"??
well in the video, it could just be a girl holding up a kitten, and everyone
looks at it and laughs and is very amused.  that would be funny.  "In the
mud on your knees", Jane goes to Woodstock II.  she wears a shirt that says
"Rebel" and her friends pat her on the back and give her the thumbs up, then
she kicks the crap out of them.   All the girls look the same, they could
show a picture of the Corrs.  (what is up with those people, are they
genetic freaks? it's like they are engineered to be blandly popular and
stereotypically pleasant to look at, they all belong on FIENDS)
Challenging styles, Jane is scoffing at department store windows, and then
she just runs and runs wearing a jumper.  boo to the business world, she
puts on a ghost costume and jumps out at some guys wiht briefcases.
tax-free on her back, could just be a lazy huge girl lying on a ratty couch,
with a book about "How to Cheat on Taxes".   working for the joy of giving:
Jane runs a free kissing booth on the sidewalk.    the last bus out of town
is self explanatory.  you'll have a boy tonight: someone could give her
bubble-gum cigars in blue, or pink for you'll have a girl tonight.     Then
she tosses a coin whilst looking at a picture of her Mum, and remembers the
pretty brown songbird who lighted on her shoulder when she licked her ice
cream off the railing, cos it was so hot that day it melted off and she was
very very hungry for ice cream and she didn't have another quarter to get
more.   She reads a book emblazoned "Free Tips from Boots" and considers a
selection of various acne medications and creams.   she sleeps in a bus
stop, wakes up and starts marking off pages in a book of names.
then, more cigars and "it's a boy" balloons ensue.
*the end*

on another less relevant note (ha) i was watching one of my old tapes the
other day and it had a Superchunk video on it, for "the First Part".
apparently at the time i had really liked that video for some reason.   i
can't explain but superchunk just make me wanna rock out every time i hear
them, i think it's some genetic flaw.  but in any case i realized there was
a lot of indie rock dancing going on in there.  It seems that indie rock
dancing consists mainly of bouncing aimlessly up and down while
indiscrimately flailing your arms in any direction they happen to flop at.
i wondered if anyone else has observed other types of indie rock dancing in
their excursions there and about.  I figure superchunk is about typical of
Indie Rawk.

kay then i'll be going.
lesleyjo
*singing* "it's the Eighties, do a lot of coke and read Jay MacInerney!!"
http://www.members.tripod.com/rebelstrange
they were like those gauche youths who turn up  to house  parties only to
cling to the dark corners  in chaste disdain, driven by the naive, vaguely
inhuman conviction that all merriment is a lie.
SAVE MST3K!!!!
http://www.mst3kinfo.com