Sinister: They call me Mr Boombastic Pants

Mark Casarotto Mark at xxx.com
Fri Jun 11 11:48:43 BST 1999

I'm glad it's not just me daydreaming about anonymous corporate megaliths
housing big minimalist boardrooms, in which grey-suited men discuss
strategies for their latest product ("*Grey* taramasalata? Are you mad?
Haven't you seen Pretty in Pink? It's gotta be puce!!") and somehow coming
up with totally bizarre and inexplicable ideas, such as Looper=Xtreme
Sportz. Innocently watching Match of the Day in the days when "indie" was a
euphemism for zero sales, who should be providing the backing track to Alan
Smith and John Aldridge than My Bloody Valentine! And then the Breeders! It
was all too much, really, I swooned, I did...

Someone called Stuart Murdoch was killed in the Isle of Man TT motorcycle
race thing yesterday. This dangerous sports thing is getting out of hand!
Get back to croquet you soft lads, for heaven's sake...

Did you know yesterday was Celine Dion day on VH1? Shed Seven day is  week
on Tuesday, all you shedders out there!

I will be playing some Sarah Cracknell tonight (at Tigermilking, natch :)),
so if she's in the area could she pop along and do a sort of karaoke thing?
That would be nice :) Any other pop stars who want to turn up, that would be
nice too - I think we've got a couple coming along already, but it would be
telling to say who...

It's just occurred to me - does this list have virus-preventing measures
inbuilt? Our office was decimated yesterday by this new nasty worm virus
thingy, which propagated like wildfire (I managed to avoid it, thank
heavens, but more than half my floor have lost files), and it would be
rather unfortunate to spread a virus to more than a thousand other people in
one go. For what it's worth, the message will appear to come from a friend
or colleague, and is something like: "Hi (name), thanks for the email, I'll
get back to you ASAP. Meanwhile, take a look at these files!". Evidently,
don't. Delete away merrily (my colleagues all received multiple emails) and
you should be okay...

Sorry if you've already had these warnings dozens of times, but it's a
change to have a genuine virus to gabble on about!

Still no B&S content. What else is there to say that hasn't been said
before? Actually, Lesley Jo seemed to manage it, so I really ought to pull
my finger out. I may have to picket Jeepster or Banchory (sp?) to try and
get some form of Bellesque pop performance at Bowlie II, now that I've (ulp)
signed up to go...and it goes without saying that the Sinister/Looper
football team will be resurrected - any other sinisterines attending who'd
fancy taking on the might of the alternative pop establishment with us?

There's a cheap Denim album in HMV at the moment - worth getting at all?

I'm sorry, I really am,
Mark xxx