Sinister: Ooh, I've been let out to play

Matt Powell the_fear66 at xxx.com
Fri Jun 11 15:57:29 BST 1999

Hello everybody
having recently graduated (from the nursery and not university – but that’s
a different story) i have now been let loose at the sinister mob. Its been
quite a wait as well, as there’s been several things I’ve been wanting to
get involved in (this is the type equivalent of nervous waffle by the way).
Firstly in the encounters with famous people department I spent a whole tube
journey home one time sitting next to Brian Molko. I think his heavy make
up, guitar strapped to his back, and the fact that his was reading his song
sheets gave him away slightly. For any Londoner’s interest (or others who
know where it is) he got off at Stratford. I wonder why?

There’s been a lot of talk about Shed 7 recently, and one person in
particular I remember said that they thought they would be bigger than
Oasis. I must now shamefully admit that I saw Oasis in the early days, and
the mighty sheds were in support. Oh, did I mention Cast were the third band
on the bill that night? When are they going to release a greatest hits then?
(sarcasm very much intended). I must say I find their latest offering a
trifle offensive. Beat mama indeed.

Is anyone else out there going to the garage tonight? I’m really looking
forward to it. I’m always surprised by the real lack of decent nights out in
London. You’d think in a place were it is claimed (by the mighty Catatonia
of all people) that it never sleeps (anyone notice my appalling grammar yet
by the way) that there would be something for everyone, but I’m finding it
increasingly difficult to find anywhere that plays half decent music. Ah for
the days of old when I listened to Neds, Carter USM and James, there seemed
to be plenty of nights out then. Perhaps I was a little less picky, I don’t
know.

I best be off, as I don’t think that I get paid for doing this sort of stuff
(yep, I’m another who has a cronic lack of work, and internet access –
fools!).

Turra

Matt