Sinister: Slow Graffiti

Elish Hope ehope at xxx.com
Fri Jun 11 18:56:44 BST 1999

Ailsa asks teh question of whether or not writing a song for a film begets
it's integrity?  I don't think so.  In fact, mroe to the point, I think it
was extremely awesome that Irvin Welsch did that.

The world is watching his films now, a world that might not know that all
these great bands from Scotland exist.  He had Arab Strap, The Delgadoes and
few others write music for different parts of Acid House - as well as the
Belle's.  It's a great way for him to support the Glasgow scene with
international exposure.

Plus, the song is beautiful.  Even before I saw the movie, I thought the
song was amazing.

this isn't any 'insider' information either - the song tells the story of
Johny as it does in the movie - it's pretty easy to figure out if you had
read the book before hand....

'Slow Graffiti' was written for 'Soft Touch' which is the middle story in
the three part story of Acid House - the movie.

the first story (The Granton Cause or something like that..) - that has the
Arab Strap song (me thinks....) was shown on Channel Four over a year before
the film was released.  I saw it then, and they changed nothing when it was
on the big screen.  So, I think the movie took a long time coming out.  But,
I would be wrong, I have been wrong before.

In any regard.  As far as compromising - who cares!?!  IT's my very
favourite song ever.... it's so beautiful... Mind you, the version on
TIJAMRS is different from the one that was in the movie and was on the sound
track.  It think the one on the sound is most notable different because it
leaves out the horn parts - but I could well be wrong again.

By the Way, we have an evil firewall at work - so I can't get to the list
crush - can someone tell me who is all on it and what their points are?  I
feel a little left out not knowing who's the hottest crush!!!! :) By private
email if you will......

snoggs

elle