Sinister: mr anderson and his ramblings

Iain Alexander Edward Anderson ceeiaea at xxx.uk
Fri Jun 11 23:36:16 BST 1999

well, after a long time being on this list, and after having completed 97%
of my degree, i've decided to post my second message in about a year and a
half or so. i *should* have posted more over the time spent on this list,
but i've been really busy doing work and well... okay, i'm really
really shy and had/have nothing interesting to say, but for my last two
weeks of free internet access, i want to use it as much as possible.

jason, you're from cumbernauld, i'm from uddingston, home of the world
famous tunnocks biscuit factory (yes, that's right kids, the producers of
the world famous teacakes, caramel wafers, caramel logs and the
snowballs). it may not be cumbernauld, but it's still part of north
lanarkshire, so i'll give you this piece of advise from one north
lanarkshire person to another:
you may *claim* to be  the original owner of a broken heart but trust me
you're definitely not. if anybody takes the pish or says stuff to make you
feel down, respond with the classic "two fingers up to you my friend" and
ignore them. somebody will come along and mend your broken heart. it
happened to me, until she broke it again, and i've yet to recover from it,
but i have faith that somebody else will appear and fix it gain. seek and
ye shall find, as it says in the bible or somewhere else, or something
like that.

well kiddies, not long now until the <ironic> best band in the entire
world ever, the band that music was invented for, o***s </ironic> release
another album which will no doubt bore me to death yet again.
when that album is released, we have the choice of either

1. buying/copying/stealing (not that i'm suggesting you copy the album, or
   steal it. no that is illegal. actually, buying it should be made
   illegal as well) their new album, and go around feeling "mad fer it"
   and acting like you're the dogs jiggily bits.
2. not buying it, not caring about o***s, and suffering endless abuse from
   the sheep...i mean the o***s fans for not liking the <ironic> greatest
   band of all time, </ironic> and instead listening to "shite"
   unimportant music.

anyway i have to admit i once liked o***s, up until they released their
second album which i though was one of the most uninteresting albums i had
listened to ever.
and then one day i heard belle and sebastian on mark radcliffe's
radio show, and thay changed my life. they were what i had been
waiting for. a group who i could "relate" to, and who gave me music which
did not make me feel better than everybody else. for me, belle and
sebastian produce music for people who want to listen to it, and not
listen to it becasause it's "fashionable".

anyway, i've rambled on for long enough, and i'm feeling very very drunk
at the moment, and i doubt any of this message makes much sense, so i'd
better go and bore some of my friends now.

finally a quick hello to roderick alexander begbie. i hope your
life after hairy-twat university has been enjoyable. i'll tell you this
for free, the hwcee newsgroups haven't been the same since you left.

bye kids, take care, and i hope to post another message soon.

-iain
*** What are you gonna do after the tiger's gone? ***

-this e-mail has been brought to you by anderson communications (c)1999
 anderson quality product (c)1991