Sinister: Bowlie 3

Chris Butler pants at xxx.com
Sat Jun 12 00:52:36 BST 1999

At 11:18 PM 6/11/99 +0100, Ian Hatcher wrote:
>B&S related thingymajig: Has anyone heard any rumours about
>Bowlie 3????? Y'see, I missed the first one due to a gross
>miscalculation, and, although the line-up for Bowlie 2 is
>pdg, it ain't as good as the first one (due mainly to the
>absence of the Belles).

It's quite a bummer that Belle and Sebastian are missing from
that Bowlie 2 line up.  I had been planning a holiday across
the pond for that very reason, but alas, they shant be playing.
I'm just curious how many folks will change their minds about
going to Bowlie just because Stu & co won't be on the ticket.
20%? 50%? 80%?

I'm sure the second one will be just as a success as the first,
since the first sounded fairly amazing.  Such is the way with
these sorts of events, until they become big, choke on their
own bloated trendiness, and then fall comatose in the corner
when the next one rolls around.  I'd like to think otherwise,
but SXSW, Lollapalooza, etc. all seemed to start in similar ways.

Then again, Yoyo A Gogo and some others seem to have held out.
Maybe the small numbers of people/chalets will curb a truly
mammoth version from ever rearing its ugly head...

senor droolcup [ ashamed for missing the first Bowlie ]