Sinister: blue veins

Marie Elia littlearsonist at xxx.com
Sat Jun 12 17:52:46 BST 1999

(stupid email server kicked me off!  let me try sending this again....)

hello, you smutty, drunken lot!

i hope the tigermilking was, erm, productive.

today the doctor made me go get blood drawn.  i was terrified, so i
wore my stow shirt for courage, though i feared some sort of freak
accident involving stuck veins and spurting blood...  so they tied one
of those foul-smelling rubber tourniquets around my arm, but no vein.
they stuck the back of my hand.  no blood.  then they tried my arm
again, this time with my mum stepping in, being a nurse and all.  no
blood.  so then they stuck two of my fingers and spent 15 mins
squeezing out as much blood as possible.  i feel like a pincushion, and
i almost passed out.  but they gave me a purple lollipop, and who can
be upset with a lolli in her mouth?  (erm, yeah....)  so i left the
clinic with a band-aid in my pocket and tear stains up and down my
face, but sucking on my purple lolli... and i said to my mum, "at least
you know i'll never be a heroin addict".  i don't know why she wasn't
amused.

in about an hour i'll be hopping a train down to greenwhich village to
engage in cd shopping like it's my job.  i think i deserve it, after
being stuck by a nurse in heart-patterned scrubs all morning.  i
planned on getting wonderfully sloshed, too, but seeing as how they
stole my blood and made me all light-headed, that's probably not a good
idea.

la la la la la
(now guess which b&s song Those "la's" come from!)

take care!
  (kisskiss, kimmy!)

xoxo,
marie