Sinister: Fw: I have no mouth and I must speak

Alex Davies drsquid at xxx.com
Sun Jun 13 03:08:36 BST 1999

"If you're a poet, you do something beautiful. I mean you're supposed to
leave something beautiful after you get off this page and everything. The
ones you're talking about don't leave a single, solitary thing beautiful.
All that maybe the slightly better ones do is sort og get inside your head
and leave something there, but just beacause they do, just because they know
how to leave something it doesn't have to be a poem, for heaven's sake. It
may be some terribly fascinating, syntaxy droppings--excuse the expression."

Alex