Sinister: le dejeuner sur le rocque creeque

Corpora Arenacea lonelyhighway at xxx.com
Sun Jun 13 05:14:54 BST 1999

    The DC picnic was wonderful... everyone brought food, but me. Also, it
seems that everybody found the campsite, but me. I had to walk the Earth
like Cain from Kung Fu before I finally came upon it.

      I was happy to see lots of non-list people there, too.... chickened
out on bringing my own reprobate friends... though if you think explaining
what "krautrock" is to someone is hard, try to explain "BritPop" without
sounding like a dork.

Croquet!
  Baklava!
    Arm wrestling!
      Lepidopteran invasion!
         No "We met through yahoo!"

     Oh- and I got to see the fabled Jamboree tattoo. Carried it all the way
from Olympia on her chest, Courtney did. And was forced to admit that I had
no idea of who Monie Love is even though I was wearing one of her t-shirts.
No, not one of her own personal t-shirts. Well, it may have been.

     I remember getting pissed off at Public Enemy once for being so good. I
was angry because they wouldn't just give me their music for free, because
they cared. I had to pay them to give me their gift. So there you have it,
the loneliness of the middle-distance record shopper.

                                            -Eran