Sinister: self-defense for the defenseless

MelissaThornton melissa.thornton at xxx.ca
Sun Jun 13 06:10:00 BST 1999

my heart is beating quite rapidly...

i went to see a very lovely band play tonight...
the band (hershal savage and the american flag) succeeded (sp?) in
setting a happy mood for the rest of  my summer days..
i took the streetcar home and , due to my cheerfullness, decided not to
"request-a-stop" <that is when you ask the streetcar/bus driver to
kindly let you off in between two stops really late at night> as my
house is on a main street and only half a block away from the stop...
anywho, everything was fine until a car pulled over a few houses
down...no one got  out...(oh, i'm starting to shake just from typing
this)...i thought that it would probably be best that i cross the street
until i got past the car, and cross back over to my house...
so cross the street i did.
only....
as soon as i was across from the car it started up again...
i walked a little faster...i could see the light on in the living room
in my house...my adrenalin was pumping and i coulndn't help but see the
nuttyness in possibly being kid-napped outside of my own home when my
mother was probably still awake...
but no..i couldn't let these thoughts full my mind...
i started to cross over and the car pulled over on an angle a few steps
on front of me..
i ran like i never ran before..and made my way up the stairs of my
house..
but..
on the way up i dropped my cardigan ...i had to let it go, as it did not
really matter...
i came in and told my mummy what happened and we looked to see if the
car had left...
it did (i don't think who ever it was would stick around)..
i walked over to stairs and retreaved my sweater..

does anyone have any good self defense tips...preferably ways to
transform a flimsy cardigan into a sword...

well, it seems that my pulse is slowing down a bit....

yours etc.
emily.