Sinister: don't drink the water ...drink the beer!(1st post jitters)

RPushong at xxx.com RPushong at xxx.com
Sun Jun 13 19:57:21 BST 1999

hello my fellow sinisterines...
                                          i've had my voice for a while...but
i've been putting off posting...but here goes.
my story involves ( & it is a true story ) 7 pairs of socks, cheech & chong ,
super furry animals, tigermilk & 1 lost suitcase.
a couple of years ago i went on my 1st ever holiday abroad...my destination
was the sunny & very beautiful Cancun in Mexico ( end credits of True
Romance... Clarence & Alabama on the beach )
all was well...i didn't freak out on the plane or anything...it was a very
long flight but everything was fine...until i got to my hotel...& i found my
suitcase missing...after some frantic searching i was more or less told i had
no chance of getting it back , after alot of carefull thought, i decided i
was not going to let this spoil my holiday.
instead of getting all aggessive with the tour rep , i did the opposite ...i
was very polite & understanding much to their shock...& this tactic worked!
i also underestimated the sympathy factor ..., everybody in the hotel knew me
as
'' the poor bloke that had his suitcase stolen '' a fantastic conversation
opener! ...i didn't even have to try...girls were actually approaching
me...it really was incredible that having something bad happen can actually
bring out some good, after a while i have to admit i was sort of glad my case
went missing.
anyway i swiftly received my compensation...'' i'm sorry sir we can only give
you £250 to replace the essentials, you can claim more when you get home ''
practically my whole suitcase was full of clothes bought from charity shops
except a few band
t-shirts and my socks & boxers which i get from Marks & Spencer...i was in
tears...
of joy!  i couldn't believe it.
if you think things couldn't get much better i'm afraid they did...,with 2
days of my holiday to go they found my suitcase ...which at first sight
looked to be fully intact ..
but on closer inspection had a few items missing namely 7 pairs of socks ...,
my prized cheech & chong t-shirt ,a super furry animals t-shirt & ( B & S
content at last!)
a cassette of tigermilk that a friend of a friend taped for me...i hadn't
even played it...
to this day i still haven't heard tigermilk all the way through...when the cd
pops through my door next month i shall be hearing it for the first time...i
can't wait! as for the person who stole the above items...i can't help but
think '' you cool bastard '' & thanks.
signing off from my first posting...
                          richard.

actually ...reading back on this posting ...i sound like one of those lucky
bastards ...where everything goes right all of the time...i assure you this
is not the case...i'd better give you a bit of background...when i was 4 i
lost the hearing in my left ear & my parents were told by the doctors that i
would be completely deaf by the time i was 12..., when i was 8 ...all of my
teeth had to come out...so where are we...oh yes i'm 10 i'm nearly deaf and
i've got no teeth ... i was not a pretty sight...but things always have a
habit of evening out ...my hearing actually got better rather than worse, i
was playing football 1 day and i headed a ball & the sound just flowed back
in...it seriously freaked me out, i'm now 30 ( only just ) & at the moment
i'm content
i guess thats about all anyone could ask...i have good days & bad days but
lately the good days seem to out number the bad ones...but who knows whats
around the corner, if theres one thing i've learnt its not to take anything
for granted.
i also have a full set of teeth...but for many years i wasn't allowed to eat
chocolate... ,i was the original charlie bucket from charlie & the chocolate
factory...i was allowed chocolate on my birthday, this explains my fondness
for chocolate now..., enough...i think you get the picture...until next time
...i've got the odd celebrity story to tell ...like the time sonic boom
phoned me at home....

'' i see a handfull of hope
  spinning in time
  this i'm told