Sinister: Battle Hymn For The Wounded Astronomer

David Moore Daf_Moore at xxx.com
Sun Jun 13 23:07:50 BST 1999

Evening All,

Include Supermum in your prayers tonight because I think she's quite ill
again at the moment. 1,000+ best wishes should make a difference, shouldn't
they?

PJ "Mod" Miller wrote:

... Barnes Wallis once, -

Did he demonstrate the idea behind his most famous invention, using a
boiled potato and several strategically placed soup bowls, leaving
young Master Moore awestruck and soup-splattered?

Our public school was of the decidedly cheap & cheerful charity kind, so
the caterers gleeflully seized upon Sir Barnes' theories & used them to
skip one potato across 850 bowls of soup to flavour them, before turning it
into the next meal's mash. However, proper food was produced whenever the
Old Boys visited, so he had to content himself with demonstrating the
fabrication of a geodetic airframe from the chips.*

Thanks to strangely serious sotto voce but still surely Starry Sarah for
the answer to my queue gig drummer question. Thanks also to Katrina & Ailsa
for their responses. (I guess they outvote you, Sarah)

Talking of The Psychedelic Furs & famous people, Mike Reid (East Enders'
Frank Butcher) lives down the road from us in a massive house painted in a
shade reminiscent of Pat' Smear ed-on lipstick.

Marianne, try yokel, bumpkin or peasant for derogatory names for country
folk, & someone else help her out with nasty things to call mall rats.

I can't see that All Tomorrow's Parties will have a moment comparable to
that when Struan sang "All my friends are on their holidays" and added
"that's you" with a shy smile, to a swell of applause. I nearly filled up.

May nothing but happiness come through your door,

David Moore
Chelmsford, UK

np: Dick's Picks (H!O!Pkin's Horrors?) Volume 8

*Total Bullshit