Sinister: i had a job at an office once, so i know where the summer goes.

jarkko frantila chamomile1 at xxx.com
Mon Jun 14 06:56:11 BST 1999

Well, this first poster said (sorry I don't remember your name):

>Now, this
person is not a Knitting Factory jazz freak, but there is this attitude
among
>a certain segment of the so-called "downtown scenesters" of my fair city
>that
>look down upon any form of music that is not "difficult" to listen to.>

Oh how I hate those types. I have a few acid Jazz- freakazoid friends, and
they absolutely HATE everything that isn't skillfully played, ig. Oasis and
yes, sadly, Belle & Sebastian (skillfully meaning that the songs have real
choruses instead of just 8 minutes of jamming filled with guitar- and
bass-solos here and there). They love Sting because he has such skillful
studiomusicians in his albums. Go for it. Saddos.

And then Jason Anders said:

>A new discussion topic for you - which cartoon should they bring back to
shame the current pathetic attempts? My vote would be either Transformers or
Visionaries. Both were amazing compared to modern replicas.>

I'd say He-Man. I had the puppets, I had the swords made of wood, I had the
"HE-MAN!- yells in the front of our yard, where we used to battle for the
sake of the galaxy. Ah yes. Orko was my favourite, that little magican,
disappearing and coming back into sight again. And he/it looked pretty silly
too, didn't it?

A question for you: If a person climbs up to this statue and starts to
masturbate on top of it, can it be considered as art? Well, this person I
know did it last weekend. He had a performance in front of the museum of
modern arts here in Helsinki, and the guy wanted to do it naked. Ok, they
said, and then the guy went all nutters and did the thing I mentioned
before. And it's on videotape too. Hope I'll never have to see that. Well,
the guy has wasted his sense doing drugs and eating strange mushrooms. Sad.
And he looks pretty wild with all he makeup on his face and pierced.. yes,
penis. Phew.

And now I'd like to thank a certain lurker here on the sinister-list, with
whom I had a smashing time yesterday doing nothing, just sitting in the
park, she showing me her ticket to Bowlie which made me green with envy, she
showing her copy of "girlfriend in a coma" by Douglas Coupland to me,
wondering which movie to see and never seeing a movie at all since I
couldn't use my free tickets in the megamoviecomplex we went to, eating
waffles filled with tuttifruttistuffing, going to a recordstore, she buying
that Mercury Rev- album, we both looking cool as hell (hah, clever wordplay
there, see see?), sitting in the sun and sucking the sunshine into our
hearts. Ah yes, the summer is here, and we bloody rule the world sometimes,
don't we, we small creatures. Smash the winter of our soul, let the
happiness fill our minds.

Hmm, I got poetic there. Well, thats what happens when you've got 5 more
days to go to the highpoint of the year, Blur/Manics/Stereophonics/Suede
festival.

Ta ta.

@--->--- Nothing here, continue on, Jace le petit.