Sinister: There's a club if you'd like to go...

Mark Casarotto Mark at xxx.com
Mon Jun 14 11:07:26 BST 1999

So, thank you to everyone who came and milked tigers* on Friday night - it
was a fairly successful success (only 2 short of 100 people!) and made me
and Sam (and Dave and Kevan, DJs extraordinaire, despite Sam playing France
Gall before Kevan got a chance to and reducing a proud man to tears) very
happy and full of grins. Apologies for the dearth of live acts - we are a
little cross about that, but we're hoping to rectify it before the next
do...

...which, if we get our arses in gear, will happen in a couple of months,
although the Garage is booked up for aeons, so we'll have to see. Thanks to
everyone on Sinister who was able to come, even more thanks to people not on
Sinister who took a gamble (not that they'll be reading this, of course, but
hey! I'm an effusive kinda guy), and thanks to Jeepster for their support
and generosity. You're stars, the lot of you :)

With our very own Pam Berry and the superfly Josh from Holiday, who we
embarrassed by playing one of his own fantastic choons, we had the promised
pop star quotient, and with the luscious, pouting Scarlet we had our very
own legend in the making - if this girl isn't a S!T!A!R! within months,
there's no justice in the world. And Erica, honey, I'm not taking the piss,
promise :)

And it was satisfying to see everyone cast off their shackles and rock their
socks to Madonna's "Anna Friel" - Sarah, I wished you'd been there, I really
did. It was less satisfying when the fuses blew, though by that time (2.20
am) even the hardcore (and the poor buggers staying at my house) were
secretly hoping that they could just go home. The sherbert was nice too -
but the best thing was that I ended up spiriting away Honey (get well soon
big man!)'s very own tape tree fancy-CDR thingy, so I can listen to Kate
Rusby in the comfort of my own home whenever I want...

So there you have it. I am so chuffed it all worked, and I hope those of you
who did come enjoyed it enough to come next time, and those that didn't (Hi
Vic :)) are sufficiently jealous to pay a visit next time. Yay! I'm smiling
:)

manly hugs,
Little Blonde DJ xxx

*sadly this is not exactly true, much to Stevie Trousers' disappointment. We
were thinking of milking Nick Dastoor, in fact I was getting quite steamed
up at the thought, but in the end we just ripped off his hard work compiling
obscure B&S lyrics. Ta Nick :)