Sinister: What a way to spend a Saturday (er..Friday) night

Jeremy.Simon at xxx.com Jeremy.Simon at xxx.com
Mon Jun 14 12:39:32 BST 1999

Aaah, sweet sweet Tigermilking. If only every Friday night could be spent
in a crowded room in Highbury, then "I will be happier" (contrived).

A few interesting B&S related points to follow, but first a ramble.

I have sent to the list before, but never with any consequence. I do,
however, avidly read every post. I work in the desperate, soulless, ruinous
world of advertising (although my Company is gorgeous and lovely - I have
to say that or the thought police come for me). I am therefore entirely
lacking in moral fibre. I think my soul will be saved, for rather than
devising devious ways to make consumers buy products they neither need nor
want, I move flipcharts around meeting rooms. Dull, yes; glamorous, no. It
does, however, give me plenty of time to waste your good selves' drive
space across the globe.

OK, five B&S comments and I'm off.

1) I went to see Citizen Kane last week (with the mighty Spoon), and was
delighted to see that it positively bulges with Belle & Sebastian
references. Kane's political rival's name is Geddes! At the end, Kane
updates his hit list of wanks! In the picnic scene, the band can be clearly
heard playing a crude but pleasant version of "Photo Jenny"!

2) Me and my friends came 3rd in the Tigermilking popquiz. (Did more than 3
teams enter?). We won some sherbet, which we threw about in an orgiastic
cocaine style. Boy, I bet you wish you'd been there.

3) Hello to everyone I spoke to on the nightbus home on. I can't remember
names (very, very drunk), but I think some are going to Trash tonight.
Anyone else? I'll look out for badges.

4) Who the HELL was dancing to "Exit Music" on Friday? I couldn't decide
whether to be impressed or appalled. Great to get down to MBV again, though
(not since Bowlie...), even though I think only me and Spoon were on the
dancefloor at the time. Now I come to think of it, it was probably only
Spoon.

5) OK, that's your lot

Sorry, I was wrong about the interest

(he wrote)