Sinister: Re: Robin Stout wins the LLPJ vide contest and I give up

Essexdog5 at xxx.com Essexdog5 at xxx.com
Mon Jun 14 14:16:09 BST 1999

Mr Dastoor (whom I can confirm is as pretty as everyone says he is, having
met him uber-briefly on Fri) made a guess at the origins of Marie's "la la la
la la", but, as I was listening to Century Of Fakers while reading said post,
I believe (most firmly) that this is the song they came from. So, er, there.

Nick also mentioned "Teletext monitors" with respect to stuff about the next
album, arguing that no songs from the next album had yet been played live. In
fact, according to Stuart David (from when I interviewed him for Teletext a
few months back), Winter Wooskie and Landslide (which I also thought was
called Last Night the first time I heard it) should both be on it, and
obviously these tracks were aired at Bowlie. As far as the next EP (or,
rather, three track single) goes, he actually said that they want to release
Middle Distance/Paper Boat/Lord Anthony, but having recorded five versions of
the former, they couldn't agree which was the best - Stu D plumped for the
first take, saying "I think it's the best thing we've ever done". Lumme.

As the resident Belle & Seb-ophile for Teletoss, btw, I doubt they'll bother
mentioning B&S much any more, as I left my job there last week after three
years of relative misery (Yay, freedom! etc). And I never even got to review
the Tigermilk reissue. The bloke replacing me has an unhealthy My Life Story
fixation... eek!

Stephen,
The guy sat drunkenly singing Lord Anthony with FunkySeb at the end of
Tigermilking - btw, Alix, the tape (of B&S doing Lord Anthony, not myself and
Seb, obviously) will be with you by the weekend.

PS Mark - Respect for playing Ray Of Light on Friday. And Soon, but sadly I
was in the loo checking my hair at the time. Bah!

PPS If anyone has an e-mail address for Kirsten 'Bus Stop' Bailey or her pal
Simon White, could they please forward it to me? Thankee.