Sinister: roses in the hospital, yellow ones at that.

angel heinitz at xxx.uk
Tue Jun 15 00:13:21 BST 1999

at last, i have got through the thousands of Sinister messages left unread from
when i was in hospital. "in hospital?" you say, with a kindly concerned
expression... yes, i was having my insides removed before they exploded, my
appendix to be precise. but i'm sure none of you want to hear about that, or the
green vomit, so i'll be discreet.

the very day of my release from the aforementioned pit of sickness, we rescued a
rat from the pond, where it had somewhat foolishly taken shelter from the
attentions of cat and dog. feeling responsible for anything that our domestic
animals hurt, we put the rat in a cage inside and fed it strawberries while it
convalesced. now, however, we have decided to keep it as it is only young and
would probably not survive if we let it go again. so now the rat is my
responsibility, in my bedroom, going under the name of Mehmet, after the German
footballer Mehmet Scholl. not, you understand, inferring that there is anything
rat-like about Mehmet Scholl, i can't remember anything about him at all apart
from his name.

alyssa marie said something melancholy about her birthday. if i knew her address
i'd send her lollipops to cheer her up, but i don't, so just happy birthday
anyway.

b&s daytime radio one coverage!!i don't know if anybody has mentioned this yet
because i'm on the digest, but Mark Radcliffe played "she's losing it" today on
his radio show, and Jo Whiley has a copy of Tigermilk (the cd, don't get *too*
excited) up for grabs if you can beat longstanding champion Rae on the popquiz
"sussed or bust" tomorrow lunchtime. i would do it, but i'm keeping a low
profile.

can't think of anything else to say. any dullness in this message is due to me
being in pain, if you were wondering.
love, abi (who still doesn't like rabbits)