Sinister: no b&s content, simpsons

Justin Williams justin at xxx.com
Mon Jun 14 23:55:01 BST 1999

At 10:32 PM 6/14/99 +0100, you wrote:

>p.s. someone said something about not being able to watch reruns of
>simpsons episodes. that's not true (with the exception of maybe the first
>season or so). the rest are infinitely watchable. back me up xavier!

I'll back you up Mark, anything for the Simpsons. I could watch them during
doomsday while looters and lunatics ran back and forth across my lawn. The
Simpsons are genuine hilariousness. I really wish everyone could appreciate
their endless value. I have known friends that just can't stand it, mostly
because it is a cartoon, but other reasons they give include Homer being
too stupid (I think his stupidities encompass the worse of his generation,
showing us all their hastily made decisions and impulsive actions at once.
I don't think it would be as funny if Homer only occasionally acted stupid,
would you?). Otherwise, I don't think the antagonists of the Simpsons truly
understand what it is about. I have met too many of them who compare it to
South Park, King of the Hill, or other mindless rubbish which tells me they
haven't paid close enough attention. Just in closing, this may taint my
opinion in the eyes of some but a few years ago, during my most intense
drug years, I was tripping so extremely hard that I couldn't speak and I
had lost the ability to distinguish the trip from reality (thus the trip
became my reality), needless to say a friend of mine plopped my fried self
in front of the Simpsons, a few giggles started to pour forth and within a
few minutes I had come down. Give me Simpsons over Thorazine anyday. They
are the source of my sense of humor, period.

I hope I did your side more good than bad, Mark. But I'll take any chance I
get to champion the Simpsons. Take care everyone...

Justin W