Sinister: le grand simpsons

McQuain, Chris CMcQuain at xxx.org
Tue Jun 15 00:06:49 BST 1999

Hello Lovelies,

I think the first year of The Simpsons is eminently watchable, but I have to
say that I think it's gotten better over the years for the simple fact that,
as time has progressed, we've come to know virtually every citizen of
Springfield, dozens of characters with all their hilarious idiosyncrasies.
Also, the in-jokes have risen exponentially, such as all the times they
tease us by ALMOST showing/telling us exactly where Springfield is, etc. I
would put any Simpsons episode ahead of anything else I've ever seen on
television in terms of quality and laffs.

Also, somebody mentioned Michel Legrand earlier; I love his film stuff (he
scored Godard's "My Life to Live" and "A Woman is a Woman", as well as
"Umbrellas of Cherbourg") but I was unaware he had pop recordings. Could
said Sinsterine be so kind as to gratify me by compiling a makeshift
discography of Legrand recordings available on CD? It would be much
appreciated!

Does anybody on the list heart Black Box Recorder? People keep talking about
Upstairs at the Garage, and I read somewhere that BBR has a standing gig
there that's always sold out. Their album is coming out in the US and will
contain every b-side as bonus tracks, FYI.

Is anybody going to the Portland (Oregon) Looper show on July 9? :)  :)

Love to each and every one of you-

-Chris

"And I wondered if a memory is something you have, or something you've
lost."