Sinister: I should get paid for this

COURTOLY at xxx.com COURTOLY at xxx.com
Tue Jun 15 02:11:58 BST 1999

Dearest Friends,
I too attended the DC picnic on Saturday. The drive down from Philly was
pleasant, and I almost drove on to Richmond to visit a pen pal but decided
showing up unnanounced was a bad idea. We stayed at Christa's house and
talked until the wee hours of the night.
> hmm i didn't notice any internet turned real snogs?
I kissed someone I met at the picnic. I just can't help it.

Sunday I ventured out to a supposed to be indie/mod night at a club in
Philly. Poo. Too much mod and not enuf indie in my book...four Smiths songs?
I may have been more forgiving if I hadn't been to a Smiths party recently.
They did play B&S and it was the only song that had the whole bar dancing.
Hint to the dj's-play more music that gets the bar dancing! Also everyone
seemed to know each other so I was alternatly in a state of alienation, and
claustrophobia when the first girl I talked to turned out to be Trisha, a
member of this very list.

I'm in desperate need of mix tape trading from people on this list. So here
is the deal: you make me a mix tape and send it to me, and I will return a
mix tape (although they probably won't all be different) but I promise to
include one song in particular. In the interests of pleasing all pop folks,
Amelia and Pete from Heavenly singing the Spice Girl's song Wanna Be with
Calvin Johnson of Beat Happening/Halo Benders/Dub Narcotic Sound System/Go
Team/K records fame...it is really a gem to be heard, funny as heck...and as
far as I know I'm the only one who taped it that day.

>i'd like to make a list of all the folks on the
>list who are actually in bands, work at indie clubs,
>dj at certain clubs, whatever - music makers either
>with instruments or making the show happen

I'm a promoter and fanzine editor, that should could for something...and a
groupie too. But somewhat of an all around groupie, putting out records is
just as important as playing guitar. Although this Canadian hardcore band
called the Swarm will soon have topless photos of me on their website. In the
interest of keeping this list smut friendly, I promise to tell you all of the
link when it i sup.

Courtney B