Sinister: re: the kids are *not* alright

COURTOLY at xxx.com COURTOLY at xxx.com
Tue Jun 15 06:30:47 BST 1999

 >on another less relevant note (ha) i was watching one of my old tapes the
>other day and it had a Superchunk video on it, for "the First Part".
>apparently at the time i had really liked that video for some reason.   i
>can't explain but superchunk just make me wanna rock out every time i hear
>them, i think it's some genetic flaw.  but in any case i realized there was
>a lot of indie rock dancing going on in there.  It seems that indie rock
>dancing consists mainly of bouncing aimlessly up and down while
>indiscrimately flailing your arms in any direction they happen to flop at.
>i wondered if anyone else has observed other types of indie rock dancing in
>their excursions there and about.  I figure superchunk is about typical of
>Indie Rawk.

I was thinking about this in terms of a little cartoon lesson I may draw for
my zine... i think there is definitly more to be said about indie rock
dancing than the twee pogo...i see a lot more of the reserved hand moves
nowadays, so it looks like you're playing one potato-two potato-three
potato-four with yourself, or this other wierd fist thing that basically
means keeping your feet planted firmly on the ground while you wag the rest
of your body and pound your hips with the insides of your wrists. those moves
strike me particularly because i remember laughing at them when i first saw
them and then later i caught myself doing them