Sinister: Pat Magroin (please)

Martin Robinson martin at xxx.uk
Tue Jun 15 11:15:43 BST 1999

Hello again,

Sorry the header's my only Simpson reference, not being such a connoisseur
as fellow listees. Though I have been known to ring pubs on friends mobiles
to ask for people with silly names : my Jenny Tool has worked best so far
(I hope that quote is taken out of context). Anyway much giggling and
landlord wrath ensued.

"Check out Russell Banks"

I can only agree with Brandt's suggestion. I read "Rule of the Bone" on
holiday a few years ago and it was fantastic. It's another Coming of Age /
modern Catcher in the Rye tale. But don't let that put you off, if it does,
it's a real page turner (as opposed to one of those shoddy fake ones).

And I'll add to what fun the Tigermilker at the Garage was. Thanks to Mark
and everyone who staged said event. Like Erica I too jumped up to Suede and
then incoherently shuffled my two left feet and felt a bit of a plonker
really. No change there really then, ho hum...

I'm sure I had something interesting and funny say. Maybe next time...

Oh I'm in New York, Boston and Toronto in the Fall (as in yes I've been
reading up on your strange North American sayings and ways and not as in
going as about the millionth member of the scary Mark E Smith's pop combo).
So all suggestions of where to go and pic-nic invites would be appreciated.
I'm sure I'll hassle you all nearer the time.

Te ra,

Martin