Sinister: Forgive me Reverend Lovejoy for I have sinned

Nick.Dastoor at xxx.uk Nick.Dastoor at xxx.uk
Tue Jun 15 12:28:19 BST 1999

It was me who said made the original comment about Simpsons.  Before I am
permanently cast in the role of social deviant, I would like to make it clear
that I am in fact a huge Simpsons fan and spend a large part of my life watching
reruns.  They're great on second, third, fourth viewing.  All I meant was that
*even* the appeal of the Simpsons starts to pall after, say, the fifth viewing.
Unless the episode invloves Ralph Wiggum saying something like "My cat's called
Mittens".  Funnily enough, I originally typed 'Fawlty Towers' but changed it so
as to appear culturally with-it.

I love it when Belle & Sebastian are played on the radio.  I always think there
must be at least one listener every time who has their life changed forever.
For accounts of these type of moments, why not have a look at cheesy B&S
memories section of the Jeepster Records'  discography section at
http://www.belleandsebastian.co.uk/discography/index.htm ?  It's like they've
brought 'Our Tune' back from the grave.  Actually, I think Atlantic 252 have
already done that.  But there's not much Belle & Sebastian content on Atlantic
252.  Maybe one day.  "Hi, you're tuned to Stuart Murdoch's Sounds Of The Late
20th Century Scottish Indie Scene.  Next up - 18 Wheeler!"

Is it just me, or do all those "On my CD player right now, Pavement's 'Terror
Twilight'"  type sign offs remind anyone else of "I'm wanking as I write this" ?
Not in a bad way, you understand.

Disturbing me today:
The still loomingly ubiquitous presence of posters advertising Cast's 'Magic
Hour' all over London.  That child!  He's got that look about him that says
"Yeah - I've just robbed your car but you can't do anything about it because I'm
below the criminal age of responsibility."

Where's me Daily Mail?

Nick xx