Sinister: Jake Head Boogie

Sarah sarah at xxx.uk
Tue Jun 15 14:42:39 BST 1999

Hello there!

Whilst looking about on the Ace Records website, I was pleased to see
that the world of Sinister has infiltrated the world of Blues, with a
feature on "Lightning" Hopkins! With songs such as "Give me Back that
Wig", and "Lonesome Dog Blues", I can see why he is referred to as the
"post-war King Of Texas Blues". Why does no-one talk about "Lightning
Hopkins" on the list anymore, eh?

I'm glad to see that the Tigerfiddling night went ok, I hear that Kevan
played Agent-Double-O-Soul by John Schroeder. The title is worth
celebrating at least, I bet the songs even better! I have a JS record
called "Working in the Soul Mine". I think its cool.

Black Box Recorder are boring. Dull. England Made Me. Thats an
interesting concept isn't it. About, um, growing up in England, shaped
by its cultural and social values. Like millions of people DO NOT LIVE
THAT EXPERIENCE EVERY DAY!!! It's bad enough without having to listen to
people making droning voice-like-a-limp-cabbage moronic popular beat
records about it!! So shut up! Bastards.

Of course, the song may be just about pumpkins. And the title may just
be an abstract pretentious choice. I can't remember what the song sounds
like now. Well yes I can. Dull. Uninteresting so I don't know why I'm
giving it further life by mentioning it more.

I have "We Might Be Stars" (or whatever its called) in my head by the
Wannadies.

Thats not good. Who said A-level English wasn't interesting by the way?
I'm revising Jane overwrittensarcasticharpie Austen right now.
byebye
Sarah
xxx