Sinister: "Boil some water! Lots of it!'

robhalcrow at lineone.net robhalcrow at lineone.net
Tue Jun 15 20:02:35 BST 1999

Hello,
      I too went to the theatre the other day. Very hot and stuffy ('The only thing I get from the theatre is a sore arse'- Paul McCartney (when he was going out with Jane Asher. he says the nicest things)) but it was very good. My brother took me to see Chekhov's  'Three sisters'.  He's funny. (Chekhov, not my brother. Mind you...). Some of his stuff is hilarious but he has a very dark side. This one was very depressing. All the sisters' hopes are thwarted, their lovers sent away or killed.. Near the end the eldest says
     'maybe, if we wait a little longer, we shall find out why we live, why we suffer...Oh if only we knew!'
 Not if Chekhov's got anything to do with it, you won't.
     Britney Spears-   why?  She's on TV right now and it's just pointless. When was it decided that all teeny acts would sing half arsed anemic 'soul' music?  Take That, Boyzone, 5? 4? Miami Boredom Syndicate.  I suppose Robbie does half arsed anemic 'indie' music....just for a bit of variety.
    Talking of half arsed indie music and in reply to whoever it was who asked: I am in a band.  We played at The Bull and Gate 2 or 3 weeks back and it was lovely. We've just recorded what lots of people are saying is our best song yet. Picturebox (after the schools TV programme) is our name. Think I blew my chances for a good review when I attacked Simon White (Music For Girls fanzine) for insulting Sunderland AFC. I thought I was a pacifist. Never mind.
      It's nice that football is loved by some on the list and in the B&S world ( at Bowlie for instance). Too often there is this divide between artiness, or anything not seen as macho or hard, and football. A bit like the outsiders/ in crowd thing at school which was discussed recently.  Do you know what I mean? Not expressing myself very well. Think I'll leave it there.
 Yours
Rob

'you're an idiot, babe, It's a wonder that you still know how to breathe' - Bob Dylan