Sinister: England Made Me (not really!)

Pulpbot at xxx.com Pulpbot at xxx.com
Wed Jun 16 03:51:52 BST 1999

Gawd, it's a small mystery why Luke Haines isn't worshipped. I believe it
might be related to his less-than-pin up status. Of course, that doesn't
explain Thom Yorke. Or because Mr. Haines always seemed a bit too
sharp-tongued too suffer the pop hordes. Once I was at a Fall show and
discovered myself to be the center of triangle consisting of Luke Haines,
Jarvis Cocker and a really cute guy. I handled the situation by promptly
dropping my beer on myself.
The Baader Meinhof album is sooo underrated. It skirts a fine line at times
between mocking gangster-playa pop stars and terrorists as pop stars, with
lovely skronking synths.
Have a copy of the new Auteurs.  Like a return to guitarland with your raver
fiancee. Sort of a concept album about school, I think. Brilliant.