Sinister: Oh happy day

COURTOLY at xxx.com COURTOLY at xxx.com
Wed Jun 16 05:51:37 BST 1999

Dear Sinistereens,
I will start with the Belle and Sebastian content and digress downwards.

I had a lovely date with Xavier today. We ate lunch together then got ice
cream and listened to Tigermilk in the Friendly's parking lot. Oh happy day.

>which, if i've been informed correctly is bases on the town springfield,
ohio where m. >groenig attended college

you must have been informed incorrectly, or maybe just partially. Mr. Groenig
is a graduate of the Evergreen State College in Olympia Washington. See,
something good comes out of there besides indie rockers and having Mumia
Abu-Jamal as a graduation speaker. Oh yes, the guy who plays Kramer on
Seinfeld is also alumni.

Simpsons trivia is cultural capital for anyone who's watched tv in the past
ten years. It's good to know enough about it to hold a conversation, but if
you're with obsessives then just ask them a bunch of questions and let them
talk. They like showing off their knowledge.

>this is a derivation of the Charlie Brown dance, where the fists are tapped
on top of >one another, then the thumbs are pointed over the shoulders, and
then the hands >are waved in a kind of "no, not good" gesture.

Actually it seemed more like variations on the good ol Hand Jive, except
repeated as single moves instead of a series. But if it is a Charlie Brown
reference, all the more cool to the creators.

>BTW, Did anyone else REALLY like the Christmas trees in the Charlie Brown
>Christmas special?  I loved the way they looked when I was a kid, all pink
>and aluminum and artificial... Yum.  Okay, not just when I was a kid.  I
>still think they look pretty cool, at least as I remember them.

I'm a pretty big fan of those too. I bet if you took a metalworking course
they would be really easy to make.

Take care dears,
Love
Courtney