Sinister: hello. im new to the list.

.gibby. isolation at xxx.net
Wed Jun 16 06:16:30 BST 1999

    Hello everyone... my name is gibby.  I'm 21 and i live in cambridge,
just across the river from boston.  oooh.  what to say?
    I love belle and sebastian, but then if I wasn't a fan I wouldn't have
taken the time to do all this email stuff would I?  I enjoy lots of music,
you can also find me on the indie-pop and panic lists, or walking around
town with my hands in my pockets, or behind the counter of an espresso bar,
where I waste away most of my days and nights serving coffee to the quirky
inhabitants of my beloved town.  we have many regulars, but there are a few
who's names i've learned.  sometimes i also remember what they like in their
coffee, things like that.
    my favorite song right now by belle and sebastian is "ease your feet in
the sea".  it just became my favorite as it got warmer out, because it
reminds me of the first time i heard "the boy with the arab strap"... it was
around the end of last summer, and it was a hot day...  a friend and i drove
out to the rockport quaries for a swim.
    my favorite song in general at the moment is "sugar hiccup" by the
cocteau twins... that song scares me to death for some reason, but i love it
all the same.  it is about a horse named sugar hiccup who died.  it reminds
me of being very small and sneaking into a tiny abandoned horse-stable in
the woods near my house growing up in missouri.  it was all ivy-covered and
falling apart.  and the stables still had the horses names written above
them in chipping, faded paint.  it terrified me and gave me nightmares for
years.  this song comes and goes on my favorites, but right now im listening
to it a lot again.  my favorites have been changing frequently as of late.
    I've been doing a lot of staying indoors. But tonight i went to the
movies alone for the first time in my life.  i saw rushmore at the 5 dollar
theatre in davis square.  i loved it and walked home in the wind with a new
sense of self.  i like spending time alone, it is something new to me.
goodbye for now, and i hope i get to know some of you. <3 gibby.