Sinister: I want you in my room (or something)

Erlend Hammer lohammer at xxx.no
Wed Jun 16 12:20:20 BST 1999

Hello everyone,

First of all, if anyone's written me about that NME CD, and not received a reply, that is because my computer suffered a slight crash and many an unread e-mail was lost "out there somewhere". But no one needs to re-send anything as the matter is already sorted.

Second, I seem to be meeting a lot of Isobel clones these days. On Monday I had to sit through There's Something About Mary when visiting a friend who talked me into going with him to visit his cousin, who looked very much like Ms. Campbel. And a few weeks ago, when I was doing a nice 10 hour exam, a girl who looked just like that picture inside of the cover of The Boy With The Arab Strap sat just a few rows in front of me and, needless to say, it was highly distracting. This girl I later saw on the local Bergen piazza (of which Marianne gave such a vivid description)  and she was being bothered by a drunk old man and I wondered if I should go up and tell the man to leave her alone. I mean, is this something that would be considered chivalrous or just rude "he's just acting like a gentleman because he wants to pull"?

Anyway, just returned from being called a bastard by several 13 year old girls. I would not let them listen to a Vengaboys single more than once. Boom boom boom.

For those who care, Jason Pierce has sacked his band in a Mark E Smith stylee. There was a massive row and Jason gave Sean Cook a royal beating. Okay not really, 'twas via a letter. But still, the Spiritualized that were seen and loved on the last tour is no more. Bugger.

Erlend