Sinister: if harsh, chain!

Christa Chaffinch cchaffin at xxx.org
Wed Jun 16 14:26:16 BST 1999

I am rising to the occasion, and at the behest of Jennifer, I will
post about the DC picnic and how much fun we had!  it was really great.
everyone was so nice and friendly.  and the setting could not have
been better- the creek in the background, the green leafy boughs...ahh.
and i have to tell you, it was a feast!!  lollipops, olives, cherries,
pita/humus, baguettes, sour peaches (yum!) and salad that we got to eat with our
fingers.  :)  lots of alcohol, of course, and the conversation couldn't be beat.

watching the croquet game (and getting to play for 2 rounds) was a nice
highlight for me.  as was Sam's hilarious comment:
"christa, are you going to get tanked tonight?"
i didn't, but i did get to pee in the woods, something i haven't done
in about 4 years, and it was fantastic!  my photos should be around
shortly, i'll send them to honey (none of the bathroom break in the woods
though, sorry).

about the simpsons thread-  i love it!!  and i have to tell you that it is
absolutely NOT a guy phenomenon.  it is my favorite show and i think
i am one of those people who quotes lines from it too much.
i can't help it though, its just so witty and smart.  oh, how i adore it.....
i think my favorite line (that's like trying to pick your favorite child) is
in the film festival episode when Hans Moleman says "I was saying
Boo-urns!"  i hope some of you know what i'm referring to.

i had a dream last night that i rented out this huge old plantation house
and we had a sinister party there.  catered food, and more croquet and
parlor games- and we were all dressed in Great Gatsby-era clothing.  you
know i would be totally up for that.  :)

"There will be hunting, charades, and ever so many delightful romantic misunderstandings"
-christa