Sinister: hello. im new to the list.

piezoelectric unit editor at xxx.uk
Wed Jun 16 20:08:08 BST 1999

Hello everyone, my name is alistair and I have
never ever fancied a substitute teacher, liked the
Simpsons or heard of Tim Hopkins. He sounds so
lush though that I too wish he would post. Oh, and
I said that he SOUNDS lush, not that he IS a lush,
or even is lush or even likes Lush, although I
feel certain he must do. Like Lush I mean.

Did someone already mention that there is a
reference to a Fox In The Snow in the movie of
Orlando? I haven't been diligent enough to check
the archive... I am naughty. But there is. It's
something like, erm, well I forget exactly but
along the lines of 'that Russian lover is like a
fox in the snow.' I'm sure I got that dreadfully
wrong... it's a few days since I saw the movie
again and my memory is not all it once was. I have
no idea if the novel has the same line, but I am
sure some literary marvel will enlighten us. I do
like J D Salinger though, and was very interested
in someone's comments about the autobiographical
nature of Franny and Zooey... even if that was a
lifetime ago. Or a week and a bit maybe, I can't
remember, as I think I already said. See what I
mean? Sheesh.

I have spent the day marking GCSE artwork and have
just been reacquainted with a few lovely designs
for the Belle & Sebastian record that never was,
the marvellous 'The Truth About Youth'. Now
there's a rarity... perhaps I should make some
bootlegs and make my fortune. But really, there
were some very nice designs... this year the kids
are all designing for 'The Loneliness of the
Middle Distance Runner', that is unless they've
chosen something else instead. Which is most of
them.., although someone has drawn a lovely
picture of Stuart M with no face... whist someone
else was asking which members of the group people
fancied. Oh yeah, and there was a picture someone
had swiped from the Web of Isobel, and you will be
proud to know that I resisted the temptation to
quip that this was Isobel sporting her raunchy
schoolgirl uniform look. It just wouldn't have
sounded right, would it? No Mr Miller, it
wouldn't.

My ten favourite Godards are:

Nobody's Scared
Ambition
Spring Is Grey
Make Me Sad
Chain Smoking
Don't Split It
Stop That Girl
Watching The Devil
Split Up The Money
Won't Turn Back

I am very excited that Mr Daltrey and his friends
are to play some of Rocks finest choons down at
Powderham this summertime. I shall be sure to
cycle by on the canal path and direct my ears
towards the sonic wonders that are bound to
emanate from the castle grounds. I only hope
someone has arranged for the deer to have a
holiday on that day... bless their pert little
ears.

Right, I have to go and write a story about
unrequited love and wallowing in self-pity now.
Pop music told me to do it...

Keep the faith,

Alistair