Sinister: record's freshness date/The Who->/etc...

OLDSCHREC at xxx.com OLDSCHREC at xxx.com
Thu Jun 17 06:18:24 BST 1999

I've been lurking for a mighty long time and feel sorry that I haven't felt
happy enuff to contribute to the list but with personal breakups of
relationships, divorce, etc.. its kinda difficult to open up and look for the
brighter side of things at times.

Regarding the freshness of how many times to listen to a B&S record or
anything for that matter, I guess it depends upon the listener and the type
of music.  IYFS was a steady player for me as well as Tigermilk, although I
played IFYS much more and never grew tired of it.  After being all too
familiar with B&S, TBWTAS didn't get as many heavy plays since from the
get-go I liked select songs and still do and jump around more with that one
instead of playing it all the way through most of the time.

Old improv jazz is my main passion since I listen to it (and some classical)
and get different reactions or responses to what I hear with repeated listens
more than most current pop.

There seems to be much discussion of the Who-> on the list as of late.  I
don't see the connection to B&S but its cool.  "Quadrophenia" was my
mid-teens high school record that got me through my angry angst-filled years
and I appreciated most of their work up through Who Are You.  Even caught
them "live" once in the 70's.

T.Rex has always been my fave British band since about 1972 when I was a wee
lad.  Any Bolan fans amongst the list???  I always liked the fact that Bolan
was too British for most audiences in the US to understand.  It kept him more
exclusive for he few here who understood his many musical directions of psych
folk to pop to soul etc....  The Tyrannosaurus Rex from 1968-70 and early
electric T.Rex of '70-71 is the bomb to me!!

Enuff for now,

Pete G.