Sinister: it's an allergy compilation

jessica tinystar at xxx.com
Thu Jun 17 06:40:39 BST 1999

goodness me, wait a few days to check mails and all hell breaks loose.

minimal b+s content, but it's all wrapped up in one neat package.

okay, the bit about compiling a list of people who are involved in band
things: i sort-of am, i'm a deluxe groupie (as anyone who's seen me at a
show can confirm) and take photos for press things and promotions for some
toronto bands. i've also nearly got it on with glenn jones of cul de sac if
that counts for anything, and ate thai food with lou barlow. i also record
stuff solo (doesn't that sound pompous?)under the name of sound engineering,
but i think only a couple people have tapes because i'm quite inept with the
transfer from 4track to regular cassette. so if you see a sound engineering
tape anywhere, give it a listen and be nice to whoever gave it to you
because they're a friend of mine. it's got guitar and flute and space echo
and me singing shyly and some piano and little african sorts of drums.

the simpsons: i've been likened to lisa. she's my favourite. the best was
when she made gazpacho so people wouldn't have to eat meat at homer's
barbecue, and barney yelled "go back to russia!".

looper: i know there was already a toronto picnic, but i'm quite sad that i
couldn't attend and that the fun and shenanigans happened without me. i
don't know how many people are going to be seeing looper, but if you're
going to be in toronto and would like some smiles and tea with a fellow
sinisteree, email me privately (you know, that's not on the list, kids) and
perhaps we'll have enough people for a game of twister. and if we have
enough alcohol, we can play naked. it's july 19, or maybe i'm getting my
months mixed up again.

self promotion: please go to my website, it's
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Styx/3733
and it's full of photos and little stories and plenty of flesh. then write
me mail telling me that you were there, and hello, and could i please
explain the story? maybe you'd be more likely to visit if i told you that
someone said i reminded them of isobel. well, it's true, they did.

black box recorder: i've got the england made me epee, and it's nice but i
don't know if i'd want an entire album. mind, i've only given it a few
listens because at the same time i got several gorky's epees and have been
trying to decipher the words that often pretend to be english and mess with
your head when you're half asleep.

swearing off b+s: i've always tried to ration them, because once iyfs really
hit me i was smitten and it's like when you have to tape your hands to your
sides to keep from phoning your new crush because you know that the phone
will just ringringring while he's at work and the only satisfaction you'll
get is hanging up on his machine. er, what was i saying again? i've
forgotten.

"i smell sex and candy here
who's that lounging in my chair?"

the sassy, saucy girl band: so far it's christa and i. she's got the yellow
boa and i've got the blue one. we've still got a pink boa and a lilac one,
not to mention pots of hello kitty lipgloss, so if you'd like to join (or if
you want to be part of the underwear chain letter), write and we'll outfit
you accordingly.

i'm off to have myself some cheese before i hop into bed, even though it
gives me strange dreams.

kisses,
jessicaxo