Sinister: Youre chosen as an extra for a movieadaptation of your life

Geyv Kathoke G.K.A.Kathoke at xxx.uk
Thu Jun 17 14:59:15 BST 1999

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999, jarkko frantila wrote:

(Snip large amounts of valuable prose just cos I'm feeling evil. Ha.)

> And to continue this theme, I'd like to ask people: What has been the best
> "Man, I'm living in a movie and this is so cool"- moment. You want me to
> start? Well ok.

Unforutnately my movie moment was not quite so cool. I had just been
visiting my then girlf. in Cardiff, where she was at Uni. After a
pleasant evening spent wining and dining I thought, "aha, smut is in the
offing". Unfortunately she then introduced me to Rich, who was her friend.
Then she and Rich disappeared to her room. i was forced to walk 3miles in
the rain to my car and drive home back down the M4, a horrible motorway
with no lights (the road not my car) for 3 hours to get home. And it
rained all the way. I also had my saddest songs tape on, like "she's gone"
by Hall and Oates etc. Oh it was so moviesque. Still. Onward and downward

Love and haurrah for windscreen wipers.

Geyv

P.S. Just as an aside what do you do to stop you from feeling depressed? I
know friends of mine go out and get hammered, others cut themselves with a
knife, and some go for along drive. I make compilation tapes of songs
which remind me opf the problem. it's not the greatest solution. So I'm
looking for new techniques.