Sinister: Rhoda, and that Nick Drake thing in NYC

Mick McMick * Sandcastle Records bp224996 at xxx.edu
Fri Jun 18 05:33:49 BST 1999

Hey List,
	Well, I think 430 messages is a lot. I mean, I had actually read a fair
number too. Somehow I suppose I only have myself to blame. But I have
been very, very busy.
	So anyway, several hundred messages back, someone mentioned Rhoda
having a line about faggot friends. Erm... not *entirely* sure on this
one, but I don't believe that's how it goes. I know for at least a
majority of thie lines it involves various things like "a fag in the
morning," being the slang term for cigarette. You know, as I was making
the 10-hour drive from my hometown to New York, I listened to my
Tigermilk tape a bit, which has Rhoda on it.
	I was thinking of it in perhaps a different light. We all know how
Struan writes songs in the first-person perspective of others. Perhaps
the song is about two very old people who have fallen in love in a
nursing home. Either that or two young invalids...
	Are any other NY listees going to the Nick Drake tribute on Saturday?
I'm excited to hear Robert Forster's rendition of whichever song he
chooses to play. If you're there, come say hi. I'll be the funny-looking
fellow with the cute girl.

 /"\_/"\_/"\  Brian Pennington, a.k.a. Mick McMick; Sandcastle Records
 \         /  bp224996 at ohiou.edu                           ICQ#5056758