Sinister: record's freshness date/The Who->/etc...

MWaggner at xxx.com MWaggner at xxx.com
Fri Jun 18 13:26:06 BST 1999

> T.Rex has always been my fave British band since about 1972 when I was a
wee

>  lad.

Lest anyone think there is no B&S connection to T. Rex...  our little batch
of B&S admirerers in this area might never have been captured by them had
someone in our local cd store not been a T. Rex fan in his youth.  When IYFS
came into the store, he noted the label name and said, "Ah ha!  What is this
Jeepster thing?  Could they be like T. Rex?  Will I be carried back to the
days of my platform knee-high boots?"  Instead of a trip down some Memory
Lane of big-hair and mascara, he was awestruck dumb by our mellow popsters --
and accosted everyone who came through the shop door, forcing them to stand
at the counter and have a listen.

In thanks, we've all built shrines to the various gods of hair-care products
and rat-tail combs in our homes -- although there have been difficulties with
the flammability of aerosol cans and candles from time to time.

Actually, I always thought T. Rex was an american band until I saw a special
on them on VH-1 while in London.  They seemed awfully amercian, somehow.

--michele