Sinister: That joke was never funny in the first place

Alasdair Cook MS1996 acook at xxx.uk
Fri Jun 18 18:30:23 BST 1999

Hello, my favourite Simpsons episode/Homerism is......no, it's gone.

Here are some rubbish jokes instead. The first one I nicked off a
penguin. Unfortunately he was a king penguin and he got all his penguin
servants to beat the shit out of me. Luckily the doctors found the joke
in my pocket and knew what to do.

Q: What do you give a sick Belle and Sebastian fan?
A: Tweetment.

The second one is an REM joke. I say joke, but for something to be a
joke it has to be funny. And this isn't. At all.

Knock knock. (now you all say "Who's there")

Windy

(It's you again, this time you say "Windy who?". This would be a lot
easier if I could actually talk to you people, but anyway)

Windy World is a monster.

Kudos to anyone who is a sad enough REM fan (ie me) to get this.

Finally, thanks to Chris for making me laugh (a lot) with:

>  He turned a funny purple, like Jim Robinson in Neighbours before he died

I'm laughing again. Luckily there's no-one here.

Alasdair xx

PS The Pixies really were a great band, weren't they? (Come on Hopkins,
you know you want to).