Sinister: rework love and have dog on wheels...

Craig-Lee Thompson painbirds at xxx.com
Sat Jun 19 09:27:31 BST 1999

Hello to you reading this,
     This point may have been made in the past but I have not the time nor
patience to find out. The point being, aside from comparisons with The
Smiths and Nick Drake, does the B&S track Dog on Wheels (and the entire e.p,
in terms of general sound, for that matter)not remind all of the Love tracks
'A house is not a motel'(in terms of bass riff) as well as 'Alone again
or'(in terms of trumpet). This comparison of course is not something to be
scoffed at with Arthur Lee considered one of the greatest Lyricists and the
Love album 'Forever changes' one of the all time greatest albums!!
     I realise this points to my ignorance in having only listened to the
e.p for the first time today. However, consider for a moment that this e.p
will one day be retro and if I am listening to retro sounds in the modern
day I am in fact a futurist and ahead of my time... Think about it...

     Thank you kindly for your time,

          Craig-Lee