Sinister: I'm going to see the Matrix on Monday

Koen seaborne at xxx.nl
Sat Jun 19 10:34:33 BST 1999

Hi Sinister people,

here's a snippet from a Grant McLennan interview I found on Tallulah, the
Go-Betweens mailing list:

"  That warm reception may be partially due to a new appreciation
among the indie cognoscenti for the style of pop that the Go-Betweens
pioneered. For instance, it's easy to hear their gentle spirit and
literary bent in the music of Belle and Sebastian.

  Says McLennan, "The last few times we've been to Glasgow, the Belle
and Sebastian people have been at the shows, and we've gotten
the chance to know them. They are very honest and forthright in
their love of what we do. I'm glad that there's a band as good as
them. There's enough people who want to turn the amps up to 10 and
put the fuzz pedals on."  "

It's always nice to find your theories confirmed. B&S kept reminding me of
the GB's, or maybe it'was the other way around, but I feel there's a
spiritual (for lack of better word) kinship between B&S and the GB's, at
least for me.

I just spend 15 minutes trying to describe (find) similarities, but the best
I can come up with is thay I love them both, and that GB-wise I'm in the
same state of mind like I was last year, when I just got my "Arab Strap"
promo and a ticket to Shepherds Bush, and I was almost incapable of playing
anything but B&S.

Oh, there's a pic of my newly-born niece and me in the gallery.

I'm off now to find the six degrees of separation between Brian Wilson and
Stuart Murdoch,

Koen