Sinister: NW Picnic and other Delights

COURTOLY at xxx.com COURTOLY at xxx.com
Mon Jun 21 07:12:47 BST 1999

Okay I'm trying not to talk too much, being at home with my parents last week
left me with too much time on my hands. Now I'm safe at my real West Coast
home.

NW Belle and Sebastian Picnic! Sunday June 27th, 2PM at Priest Point Park in
Olympia. The Park office is closed today so I'll have to post directions
later on in the week. Basically you come to Olympia, find 4th Ave, head over
past State Ave on Plum, go that direction along the water until you find East
Bay Drive, and then the park. I'll hang blue balloons so you can find your
way to our picnic spot. Please bring food and drinks and games.

My high school had a dual vcr for converting nstc to pal and vice versa (for
the language classes, we got to watch Beethoven's Second in French)....so I
would check the community college because they might have the equipment in
their library or media loan department.

I was talking to a boy at the Olympia Experimental Music Festival last night
who had gotten a request for Belle and Sebastian on his radio show. He said
he knew it was a kids show, and started scanning all the Disney soundtracks
because he knew there were characters named Belle and Sebastian in their
recent cartoons. It was against his better thought though, that there was a
show about a boy and a dog called Belle and Sebastian. Right now I'm making
him a tape of TBWTAS...not because it's the best, but because it's the only
one I have on CD and can dub without my roommate hearing.

I was thinking it would be nice if we had badges for the listfolk. Something
not terribly obvious, the word SIN in cursive with a heart dotting the i
perhaps? I'd be willing to coordinate it, just e-mail me privately or include
a yeah or nay in your posts.

>I was very disappointed when Leo Di Bloody Caprio
>got Yummy Ewan's role in the film version of "The
>Beach".

Don't be too sad. There is a boycott of that movie because the company
totally paid off the local government to  destroy the beach vegetation where
they were filming. They went so far as to bring in non native plants to make
it look "more realistic" on film or some crap like that.

Love
Courtney