Sinister: What's that cookin' at the palace tonight

Keith Watson k.watson at xxx.uk
Mon Jun 21 13:35:01 BST 1999

Hi chums, I bought some records at the weekend, and today as a matter of
fact. Yesterday I bought two singles, one of which was "Waiting for a train"
by Flash and the Pan, the top summer 1983 hit, it's great, however, the
other, was a Hurrah! single which I bought since Tim Hopkins and the Duke
reckon they're great, and I don't believe I've ever heard them before.
However I can tell you here and now that it's rubbish, totally boring
complete rubbish. Polytechnic of Pop? School of SHITE more like!

	OK Belle and Sebastian news, or at least vaguely related, there's going to
be a new V-Twin single out soon, followed by an album some time. Out of lots
of young bands, I'd be more tempted to buy V-Twin records not because they
are completely brilliant or anything as stands, but they do different stuff
and I believe have the potential to be good in time.

	Also, it seems that the bloke who did the "Lego Street Preachers" which are
the Manic Street Preachers immortalized in little lego blokes, is going to
do Belle and Sebastian too, which should be a laugh.

	I've also just bought the Beta Band's record, which so far is pretty good,
if you read the NME last week you'll have seen them going on about how their
record is (according to themselves) "Rubbish", and "Definitely one of the
worst records this year". That's not true, it's pretty good. I also bought
the Shack record, but I haven't listened to it yet, maybe I'll report on
that one later.

	Me and some other people might be running a club in Glasgow pretty soon, so
hopefully some of you might be able to make it along, we think it's going to
be called "B-Movie" at the moment, and it'll probably be a once-a-month
affair, and it probably won't cost much, I for one don't plan to make a
profit out of it, and I'm sure the others will feel the same.

	Also, some of you might be interested, I dug out that old document I put
together with loads of Belle and Sebastian articles on it, plus I've found a
shedload more in my desk at work, so I'm going to stick it all up on my
website for you to look at some time in the next week.

Love,
  Keith.