Sinister: fox in the desert

marie elia littlearsonist at xxx.com
Mon Jun 21 14:36:04 BST 1999

yo, yo, sinister people.

first, can i just say that lesley jo's posts are the
highlight of my day?  i love all (well, most)
postings, but LJ -- yrs are sweet and touching and
personal and original, and i Never skim through them.

two:  this past saturday, mercury rev and sparklehorse
were playing in the little town of kingston, NY (about
2 hrs north of nyc), which is not far from where i
live.  and i thought, why the hell are they playing
HERE??  turns out mercury rev (or, rather, a few
members) are From kingston -- who knew?  anyway, i's
po' -- so po' that i can't afford the "o" and the "r".
 so i didn't go.  it also looks like i won't be
attending the Joan of Arc show this weekend, either,
for the same reason, although i Do believe they are
playing with CatPower next month, so... anyway, how
did i spend my saturday night, if not listening to
mercuryrev/sparklehorse, like i shoulda been?  well, a
trip to barnes&noble, of course.

thirdly, i hereby recommend The Little Prince (antoine
du sainte exupery -- i'm sure i spelled that wrong).
how can a b&s fan go wrong with a story of a little
boy who meets a fox in the desert who teaches the
little boy the most important thing in life?  the boy
tames/is-tamed-by the fox, and they become fast
friends... oh, the story is  c h a r m i n g ...  and
so sad.  i cried at the end (i always cry at endings),
which was quite embarrassing, as i was on the
metro-north commuter train, on my way home from
work....

ramble, ramlbe, and never as good as lesleyjo...

take care,
marie
xoxo

===