Sinister: I've Grown Accustomed to Her Faeces

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Mon Jun 21 15:22:08 BST 1999

B&S content: Spain's top rock monthly "Rock Deluxe" contains a photo
of Staurt David of Belle and Sebastian and Looper. In the photo Mr
David is wearing a stripey t-shirt and a pair of glasses, and is
sitting behing some kind of keyboard contraption. Beneath the photo is
a review of Looper and the Gentle Waves, featuring singers and players
from Belle and Sebastian. I know this because I had a look at it in
the library, hoping that all the youngsters would see me and think,
"Wow! That old timer's really groovy! Let's try and feel his nuts!"

I hope that has satisfied those of you who want to discuss B&S on the
list, it's not prohibited anyway, people do do it from time to time,
there's no real need to set up another list, unless you want to be the
boss or use it as a direct marketing tool.

Tim, I did something very foolhardy the other day. I actually bought
that Lee Perry record without waiting for your advice. Just as well if
that's the best you can do. It's called "DRY ACID Lee Perry
Productions 1968 - 1969" but it sounds more like it was recorded in
1948. It seems pleasant enough, but hardly earth shattering. The bass
sound makes the mirror in the hall rattle though, which is quite an
achievement. The Junior Byles and Friends album which Tim mentioned
several months ago, "129 Beat Street Ja-Man Special 75-78", is much
better, I reckon.

Fear not if you can't get a croggy on the back of Duke's bike for the
Powderham castle Rock Symphony gig, the whole shebang is coming to
Pontevedra in Galicia to do it all again in the municipal sports
stadium. Roger Daltry's friends are Eric Burdon (of The Animals, War
and Eric Burdon), Zakky Starkey (son of Ringo Starr) and Simon
Townsend (son of Pete Townsend), not to mention the huge fuck-off
orchestra. No Paul Young though. I'm sure it'll be a great success. We
had a medieval market here all weekend, really rather jolly. There was
even a medieval Jimi Hendrix giving it some on the acoustic guitar.

I see the new cartoon version of "The King and I" has arrived, surely
destined to become a classic in the world of oonimation.

I think St John's Wort is complete crap.

Sister Disco