Sinister: We all know you're soft 'cos we've all seen you dancing

Ailsa Ross ar981611 at xxx.uk
Mon Jun 21 18:14:39 BST 1999

Struan can't dance.  It's official.  Last night at the Snow Patrol gig
in Maryhill he was standing in front of us, hands in pockets, right leg
jiggling backwards and forwards completely out of time with the music.
How we laughed, until we realised that it's actually the official band
dance, as Stevie was doing exactly the same not ten yards away, with the
added head movement (out of time with both leg and music).  Richard
meanwhile was up on stage shaking his maracas and wiggling his right
leg.  Those pesky rumours in the West End Festival programme about the
special guest having some sort of connection to Snow Patrol's record
label, it was Camera Obscura featuring Richard on drums.  And I'm deeply
saddened to say that much as I wanted to hate Camera Obscura for being
thoroughly nasty and ruining the Bowlie football tournament, they were
unutterably fantastic.  Mind you, none of them bore any resemblance to
any of their football team...

Oh, for whoever was asking for periodic updates (Youn? I can't check the
archives as my internet connection is knacked) about Struan's clothing,
he was wearing a pair of black trousers and a white short sleeved
shirt.  It could have done with a bit of an iron.  He looked like he was
going to school but had forgotten his tie.  He even had a schoolbag with
him.

Last night after Snow Patrol came off, they played The State I Am In
over the PA.  Cue a hugely embarrassed Struan clutching his bag and
running out of the room as quickly as he could, bless his wee cotton
socks :)

Does anyone know how we can get a football team into the tournament at
All Tamara's Ponies?  I've decided to become the team manager, mostly
because I only know of two of the original football stars going this
time, and I'm sharing a chalet with both of them and that means I get to
drink all the alcohol myself as it was several gallons of red wine
consumed by said chalet mates that meant we didn't win the bloody thing
the last time.  I don't think they will necessarily see this abstinence
as a good thing in the way that I do.  It's for the good of Sinister,
boys, you know.

Nick Dastoor wrote some stuff about B&S ripping off other songs.  The
only one I can think of is that Mary Jo rips off A Winter's Tale by
David Essex.

There's a band playing at the 13th note in Glasgow on Thursday night
called Shy Rights Movement,  I have no idea what they sound like, but
their name is (to coin a phrase) very Belle and Sebastian.

Best thing that happened this weekend to me (apart from seeing Stuart
and discovering how ace Camera Obscura are) - finding out that Hefner
are playing in Glasgow in a fortnight.  Worst thing, discovering musical
bus shelters in Glasgow that play "Just Looking" by the Stereophonics if
people stand up close to them.  This is meant to make you want to go to
T in the Park.  It just made me want to abandon all pretence of tweeness
and vandalise the bus shelter.

I nearly bought an EP which was the Bill Wells Octet vs Future Pilot
AKA, just because Stevie plays guitar on it.  Can anyone tell me if it's
any good?

I bet this wasn't interesting to 75 people on the list, let alone 75%.
But I live in hope.

Ailsa xx