Sinister: If you're so anti-fashion then wear flares. (Even though they ARE in fashion these days.) (oops)

Sarah sarah at xxx.uk
Tue Jun 22 15:35:47 BST 1999

Hello!

I'm listening to a song called 40 Days and 40 Nights. "hip shakin' momma
gonna party right"! Cool. I bought a Sly and the Family Stone CD
yesterday. I was having ANGST in HMV debating between "The Who Sell
Out", and "Theres a Riot Goin' On". I decided that I would go for the
"foonk" option.

"Sly and the Family Stone? I had that on in my car this morning. Bit too
funky it were for me"
                -- Bearded Market Record Store Bloke.

He recommended I buy The Led Zeppppp. He thinks I'm into 60s rock songs,
because I bought a Lovin' Spoonful record from him, once. And it was
scratched to buggery. I still like it though.

>GRRRRR  what does a Welsh accent sound like??  what kind of accent did that
>girl have on AbFab who played the dippy blonde chick? i loved her accent. i
>forget her name rt now.   sorry / i'm interested by different accents.

Welsh accents, just go and buy a Gorkys Zygotic Mynci Album or a Super
Furry Animals album. They are all very good - apart from Gorky 5 which
pongs a bit. John Cale. John Cale is Welsh. The accents are lilty-and
sing-songy. Emphasis is placed on the first syllable or so. I have a
"Teach Yourself Welsh" book, but I can't get past "rdyw'i hoffi coffi".
I LOVE WALES. I'm a Walophile. Heh. I like that. Cymruphile. Oh, that
sounds painful.

It was my birthday yesterday. I'm 18. Oh my. I drank double vodka and
lime, double gin and lemonades, and pints of Fosters - pound a pint
night at lovely Preston niteklub "Squires". It was the first time I'd
ever been in there as well. On my 18th birthday. Ah so innocent. So
LUCKY. Its crap.

Kevin Rowland and Dexys Midnight Runners seem to be back. In black.
Dresses. Did you all see the picture of Kevin showing off his pants?
I've been going through a Dexys thing recently. I threw away a lot of my
records:

"I'd listen to your records but your logics far too lame and I'd only
waste three valuable minutes of my life with your insincerity".

Pretentious eh? But I like it. And its a better lyric which says far
more about my life and feelings than "All Around The World Got To Spread
The Word Tell Them What You Have Heard". You'd think it'd better to lock
The Word underground and pretend it was never made than spread it round
the world wouldn't you.

Speaking of which, I hate The Word. I've never watched it and I refuse
to on principle. Yeah yeah showing repeats of a "shocking" show is
really RADICAL and cutting edge isn't it Channel 4? Doesn't it just
point out the blatantly obvious fact that Channel 4 is desperate to show
how liberal and mad it is? REPEATING the goddammed Word. Even more than
I hate the Word, I hate the people who didn't see if first time round
and who watch it. Don't those people have principles??? For fucks sake
IGNORING the principle of the repeat its a shit programme anyway! I'm
assuming, cos I've never watched it. Oh the bastards. I see adverts for
The Word on TV and my fists just clench. I'm going to run the TV
stations. I could be fucking great.

Not friends are me and 'making sense'.
seeyouthen,
Sarah
xxx

"N.P" Hush - Woody Herman

(Only just realised that stands for "now playing")