Sinister: And bring back John Johnston too

Nick.Dastoor at xxx.uk Nick.Dastoor at xxx.uk
Tue Jun 22 17:52:23 BST 1999

>>Nick Dastoor spouted: I don't think I would like Belle & Sebastian so much
>>if they looked rubbish.  Does anyone else agree? (NB. I am a very shallow
>>person.)

>I think that Nicky boy said this just to be controversial. I love Belle And
>Sebastian, but I don't even have the slightest clue what any of them look
>like.

Actually, I didn't.  I really do care about what they look like.  It would be a
different matter if I didn't know what they looked like.  Then they could get
away with an air of mystery.  But to discover that they looked like any of the
things that were thrown up by Tim's vivid imagination would definitely cause
problems.  I might still like their music, but I wouldn't wear the T-Shirt.  I'm
not talking about the looks they were born with.  I am not a body fascist.  I
just mean the way they carry themselves (but not dance).  Actually, last night I
was given an ideal opportunity to test this.  I was listening to 'Paper Boat',
and VH1 'just happened' to be on the TV with the sound down.  There was a band
called The Mavericks playing live in concert, fronted by a fat bearded man in a
grey suit.  I blurred my vision to hide the lip asynchronies and imagined that
they were Belle & Sebastian.  It worked quite well because there were lots of
people in the band, and the camera even moved onto the brass section during the
trumpet solo of 'Paper Boat'.  I did not like the monster I had created.

Sorry to ask this, but I have a plea that involves personal gain.  If I can get
25 people to register online (this involves giving a valid credit or debit card
number but it's all encrypted, reputable company, don't believe the media hype
blah blah) with QXL ('Europe's Largest Online Auction House!') then I get a free
video recorder, which I need.  It only takes about five minutes, as far as I
remember, and they don't spam you.  Email me if you are feeling kind.

nick xx