Sinister: Fox in Ipanema

Arantxa Sanz pcxas at xxx.uk
Wed Jun 23 11:09:04 BST 1999

I have been really waiting till some topic would inspire to send something
meaningful, thoughtful, interesting to at least a good 15.72% of the
listees and why no? : containing a bit of Belle-and-Seb.

It is amazing to my eyes how Brazilians as Gabriela (who in those
legendary underwear-seasoned days posted about Claire Lispector, and that
says a lot to me about her)or Ivo, who has become a lurker or quitted
straight away, can feel close to their songs.They are son grey as the
wind.I cannot work out with my poor imagination how they sound in a
tropical country, as the closest to the Tropics I have ever been is Gran
Canaria, and issues as foxes in the snow,Debenhams weekend jobs, school
uniforms are so distant in physical and emotional temperature.

Melancholy does not work on Bahia dunes, at first sight. Music and weather
are so connected to me. I just can listen to 'My funny Valentine' solo
trumpet when it is Summer but cloudy and suddenly gloomy.Like today,
though my only copy is my dad's and it is at home, where it is probably
sunny, hot,swimming pool, tanning time, no doubt and it would not work to
listen to it there.Curious.

Arantxa