Sinister: A is for anal

Mark Casarotto Mark at xxx.com
Wed Jun 23 12:07:19 BST 1999

Fucking great! Arson is the new Simpsons! Self-Immolation is the new Tim
Hopkins! Rock on Sweetie :)

Nick Dastoor (whose social life I am getting concerned about - you have
*far* too much time on your hands) gave us a list (ahem) of B&S songs what
sound like other B&S songs. However, he forgot the most obvious, and
possibly most exciting - the session Modern Rock Song vs Expectations
("...I'm fee-eeling stra-a-a-ange"/"you're on top of the world again") -
absolutely identical...and, while we're on the subject, Fox in the Snow =
You're so Vain - I can't quite think how to describe this, so listen out for
it - it's an instrumental bit in Fox, but sung in You're so Vain. Oh dear.
I'm sure it must've occurred to some of you...

Oon - no-one here wears a white feather mask to work - perhaps I should set
the trend...not that I'm a secretary, in fact I can't think of anyone here
with the word secretary in their title apart from the Company Secretary,
who's dead important. Is that political correctness gone maaaaadddd? I once
told my boss that I have been known to wear nail varnish in my spare time.
Didn't go down well.

I've been allowed off jury service for a couple of days, so I've come into
work. Boo. But it does mean I can email all you Listees Of Sex. However, I
can't tell you about jury service, or I'd go to prison. Which is a lucky
escape for you, as it's very dull and I'm likely to be there for over a
month. Bugger. I am also on the edge of my seat as I try and arrange a
mortgage in lightning quick time. What fun. No, really. I've found a groovy
flat in Sarf London, and I'll be ever so upset if it falls through. So
please keep 2,080 fingers crossed for me, I may well need it...

What else is there to say? Well, as there are chalets left of each type at
Bowlie II (sorry, but I could never match Ailsa on the pun front), I fancied
having a go at persuading loads more of you to come. Or at least to make a
plea to other Bowlie-goers to make the most of the Sinister potential at
Camber Sands part 2. And, let's face it, apart from B&S not being there, the
line-up's at least as good as last time, and as long as I can meet up with
my Sinister brethren, I'll be as happy as a mullet. Oh yes, and play
football - this time against someone famous, please, not Camera Sodding
Obscura, no matter how great they may be...

Welcome back to Timmy H. I can't wait to hear his views on Midway Still when
he has a moment.

Is the London picnic next week now a 2-day affair? I personally (read
"selfishly") would rather it was on Sunday, in case there's a debate going
on...

I had to study Hartley's "Trust" at university. I thought it was very good.
And Adrienne Shelly....ahem :)

More tedious than usual? You decide...

Luv
Mark xxx