Sinister: It's a lovely day for a barbie

Robin Stout Ppyrrjs at xxx.uk
Wed Jun 23 14:13:36 BST 1999

Hellooooo

	I think it's strange that Stuart D said that "all the members of the
band really despised" IYFS because it didn't have the right sound. I
think it has the best sound of them all. It reminds me of "The Glen
Miller Story". If you haven't seen this it's about how Glen Miller
spent his life searching for a certain sound until, one day he
accidentally found it because a couple of trumpet players didn't turn
up to a rehearsal (typical!). So he added more saxophones and then
his band became the greatest jazz band in the world. I think IYFS has
a very special sound which lurks somewhere between piano keys and
xylophone blocks.
Youn said "Read the beginning of Soft Touch at the bookstore but was
distracted by the accent and couldn't finish." You're not the only
one who's distracted by accents Youn. I'm unable to read books set in
America unless I imagine American accents, or Scotland without
Scottish accents, or anywhere really without the right accent, and I
have immense difficulty reading French characters without them
becoming Chinese. But I think that's just me.
David mentioned that Mark and Lard played She's Losing It the other
day. I wonder which songs off Tigermilk will make it on to the radio.
They're all pretty spunky.

Robin xxx